Friday 11 September 2009

Figs

Oh my god I love figs. I hate how expensive they are, but fortunately, we're entering fig season!

Most fig recipes that are savoury combine figs with prosciutto. I never saw the huge draw of prosciutto. I think it's a bit dry, honestly. But I like the idea of something uber salty going with the sweet figs, so I decided to pair it with caviar. It's fairly easy to buy caviar here in the Czech Republic, but I know it's a bit more difficult in the states. I was so excited by this salad that I forgot to crumble goat or blue cheese over it, but it was delicious as is.

All you do is tear up some mild and spicy salad greens, mix them with some green onion tops and/or leek rounds, slice some figs over it, and then spoon some caviar over that. For a dressing, I just drizzled some balsamic over. It was fabulous. The crunchy salt of the caviar paired beautifully with the sweet and soft figs. Definitely try it with some goat cheese, I wish I had!!!

With the camera flash
Without the camera flash, close up
Big view

2 comments:

Sam said...

This sounds so delicious! I'm definitely going to make it this week! I LOVE having fresh figs. I'm so glad you came to the party yesterday! And I can't believe we ran into you again later - sorry I was really tired when we saw you. Lets definitely hangout soon:)

Katina Bradley said...

I really like your blog and became a follower. I just started my own, if you like it become a follower.
http://katinabradleylifemyway.blogspot.com/