Friday 23 January 2009

New Year

Sorry. I have completely abandoned this blog, it's awful! I've wanted to write, but I haven't taken pictures of things, and always feel guilty about posting recipes without pictures. I myself am a HUGE fan of pictures, so any blog without is a bit blah for me.

Over the winter pause I went back home to Boston, where I cooked up a couple of delicious things and had great meals at all my favorite old restaurants. I also gained about 8 pounds (3.5 kg) and that was NOT fun at all. About half my clothes fit me now. So I will attempt to write more low cal recipes, as I'm trying to fight off the bulge and get back into my skinny jeans!!! The first recipe is....

Black Bean and Corn Salad


1 can of corn (400-500 g)
1 cup black beans from a can or cooked. This was the first time I cooked black beans from dry, and they were delicious. Takes a while though)
2 large garlic cloves
3 pickled jalapeno slices
1 smallish tomato chopped
1 small bell pepper (any color) chopped
1 small white onion or 1 medium red onion chopped
1/4 c. (60 g) packed fresh coriander (cilantro) chopped
generous pinch salt and pepper
dash of ground cumin
splash of lime juice (1 tbs or so)

Mash together the garlic and jalapeno slices with the salt. Put it in a large bowl.
Add all the other ingredients
Stir

Eeeeasy!!!

No comments: